Welcome to the Office of the Town Clerk
Providing services to you, Monday – Friday, 8am to 4pm.
The mission of the Town Clerk’s office is to accurately maintain all town records, conduct elections with professionalism in accordance with State Law, issue State and Town licenses, and provide information to both Municipal officials and the general public in a friendly and confidential manner.
The Department, as required by the State of Maine, is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate election administrations for the Town
- Record and maintain all vital statistics records (birth/marriage/death) for the Town
- Issuing hunting and fishing licenses
- Issuing ATV, Snowmobile and Boat registrations
- Serving as custodian of all official Town records
- Administer the town-wide dog licensing program
- Act as the Town of Hermon’s Freedom of Information Officer
- Department of Motor Vehicle Agent.
In addition, per the Town Charter and Town Ordinance requirements, the office of the Town Clerk must:
- Maintain a complete and accurate record of Town Council proceedings
- Preserve official Town records
- Provide administrative support to the Town Council
- Track all board and committee memberships and facilitate appointment process annually
- Maintain a complete and accurate record of Hermon’s 5 cemetery’s
Other Available Services:
- Notary Public
- Business Licensing
- Cemetery Lot Sales
- Town Maps